Star Trek: The Alpha Frontier
Star Fleet Skills List H, I, J, K, L
- Heavy Weapons
- The Heavy Weapons skill covers the use, maintenance and repair of man-portable, vehicle, or hard point mounted large weapons often intended for anti-vehicular or anti-fortification roles in combat.
* Crew Serviced
* Vehicle Mounted
- Skill in observing and analyzing subtle and fine details for important and relevant data.
- This skill works differently than other skills, it reduces the unskilled penalties a character receives for not having the appropriate skill called for in a task.
*JoT-0 eliminates the Red Shift Penalty and replaces it with a DM of -3
*JoT-1 reduces the unskilled DM to -2
*JoT-2 reduces the unskilled DM to -1
*JoT-3 or higher reduces the unskilled DM entirely
No level of Jack-of-All-Trades can ever provide a positive DM to a skill roll.ins
- Familiarity and knowledge of one of the languages in use throughout the Galaxy. Most Star Fleet vessels use Federation English for communication, though the Universal Translator makes knowledge of any specific language unnecessary to interact with crew-mates or the ships systems.
* Federation English
- Skill in directing, inspiring, and managing allies and comrades. It is a combination of projected confidence, empathy, presence and willpower which can compel a group towards working for a common goal.